Parents are an integral part of our school community.
Parent Support Group
Parental support and involvement are very important aspects of our school. Parents can be involved in a variety of ways:
Anyone who is a parent or guardian of a student at the school can belong to the Parent Support Group Committee. The PSG is organized and managed by parents (guardians).
Criminal Record Check
- To begin the process you will first need to fill out two forms, a Volunteer Application Form, and a Consent to Criminal Record Check Form.
- Bring these forms to the office along with 2 pieces of ID.
- To help answer any queries you may have please click on this link Responsible Ministry and Safe Environment for the Criminal Record Check Information and online application process.
- If you have further questions please contact the school office (250) 746 5919
Local School Council
The Queen of Angel’s Catholic School Council consists of 7-9 members who are elected to participate in decision-making in designated areas of responsibility. Those areas in which the School Council is involved are:
- Planning – Establishing the mission statement, a strategic plan and annual plans for the school.
- Policy Formation / Enactment – Giving general direction for administrative action on local issues.
- Finances – Developing plan and means to finance ongoing educational programs including input in setting tuition, developing and monitoring the annual budget, and funding for capital projects.
- Selection & Appointment of School Staff – Participating in the selection and appointment of new staff of the school in accordance with the policies of the Board of Directors.
- Public Relations & Marketing – Includes understanding the school’s mission, a commitment to the school’s vision, the involvement of people, the formation of a plan, and the acquisition of funds to bring the plan to fruition.
- Human Resources – Involved in the hiring of teaching and support staff.
- Evaluation – Determining whether goals and plans of the Council are met and determining the Council’s own effectiveness.
Queen of Angels School Council meets every month and members of our school community are welcome to attend the public portion of the meetings. Minutes of Council meetings are available at the school office once approved.
Check the newsletter or the calendar for meeting dates!